This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 29 April 2011

Freya Amongst the Fairy Folk

I bought this old fashioned shop display stand the last time I was down in Devon, from Ros at The Snug, Ashburton. I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for, but I liked the simplicity of it...
With a flash of inspiration this morning, I thought it would make an ideal stand for the fairy folk that will be coming with me to the Vintage Bazaar, Frome tomorrow.
I love how it looks like they are flying in mid air :)
*
I've just managed to finish this little rag doll in time for the fair too. She's called Freya.
Her dress is made from a vintage 'eiderdown' cotton, which I've trimmed with broderie anglaise at the hem. A tiny ladybird charm sits at her neck.
She has antique French ticking bloomers.

Hope to see you at the bazaar tomorrow.
Have a great Bank Holiday weekend,
Niki x