This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 29 August 2014

Festive Finery and Fairy Frocks!

I know its far too early in the year to be thinking of Christmas, but with only three months left to go at my shop, (I'll be closing before Christmas) I thought I may be able to get away with just a small display hidden in one corner?!
It did make me feel a little uncomfortable, particularly as school children are still at home for the summer - I don't normally introduce my festive stock until the end of October...But then there are those who like to plan ahead or spread the cost, so hopefully I'll get away with it...?

It meant moving other stock around to make space - the antique bottles now take up two shelves. I've been repurposing some of the smaller ones this week, and will show the result of my efforts in a future post.
Antique books and tins span a long shelf on the opposite side of the shop. 
I've been using some old book pages again in some (more!) card making...



I just love the words in the Beatrix Potter story books :) 
I've used short sections of them to compliment the little antique lace dresses that decorate the latest batch of cards. 


Wishing you a happy weekend,
Niki x
 

2 comments:

  1. I think the little spot of Christmas is charming! And with the end of the shop nearing (*sniff*), it is good to get all your things out and ready to be taken to new homes! You never know who will be stopping in and what will catch their fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willow - I don't feel quite so bad now...
      :) N x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x