This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 1 August 2014

Character Cushions and Cards

This week I've been using a fabulous Sanderson fabric called 'Take a Gander', which dates from 1979. 
I made three cushions.
I found the classic Marks & Spencer 70's fabric coordinated beautifully with it and is the version printed on strong textured linen-look cotton, so ideal for the reverse of the cushions.


I also made a tote bag with two of the lovely geese featured on the front. 

It fastens with a fabric loop and an old leather coat button.
(The reverse)
The lining is a pretty floral vintage fabric.
I created a barkcloth bag today too. 
This one fastens with a large Deco coat button.
Reverse...
And lining.

I spent this afternoon card making again. Using some of my damaged Beatrix Potter books, I made a selection of blank cards suitable for many occasions, but all featuring little mice...
Some very good, helpful little mice...




And one or two quite naughty ones! 
;-))



Have a lovely weekend,
Niki x

2 comments:

  1. Your makes look absolutely wonderful
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I'm sure yours will too! ;-))
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Niki x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x