This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Thursday 7 August 2014

Eclectic Taste

There is always a risk when buying stock for the shop, that the financial investment may not always pay off. I try to make it a rule to only ever buy items I love myself and would happily have in my own home.
These unusual and very romantic Victorian canvases are an example of that.
They have been printed onto the stretched canvas, but then highlighted, by hand, with oil paint, making them look like original works of art.
On the same day that I bought this pair, I was also drawn to this incredible retro towelling fabric! They couldn't be more different, but somehow I love them both!
Today I made a simple, but roomy beach bag from the summery fabric...
and lined the inside with cheerful yellow gingham. 
There are some new peg bags at the shop too...
Different Sanderson prints for the front and back.

A retro one. 
And another Sanderson. 
Using the last of the cottage prints, I created another shoulder bag today too. 
This is sold - thank you!
Variety is the spice of life which prevents me from ever being bored at work :)
Hope you've had a happy day,
Niki x

2 comments:

  1. I love everything Niki...you are one special lady...id love to have your talent :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind, H - Thank you! x
      And for the record...YOU have great talent!!!
      N :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x