This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Thursday 10 March 2011

More March Makes...


A pair of cushions made from a gorgeous Sanderson chintz - Perfect for spring!

**
I recently purchased a large collection of antique baby gowns. Amongst them was this sweet top section of one, minus its skirt.

I love the details on these old pieces - each one is usually hand stitched and unique. I decided to add a skirt to it, to make it wearable as a little summer dress for a wee-one!

I had this vintage nightdress fabric, with a ditsy print.

So I simply gathered a generous length along the bottom of the bodice piece.

I think it makes a nice change from the all-white gowns that can be found and hopefully it will be worn again if someone takes a shine to it.
Niki x