This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Monday 20 February 2012

Are You Sitting Comfortably?...

If not, then perhaps I have just the thing?!
Lots of handmade cushions hot off my sewing machine. This one is made from a vintage hand embroidered panel and a pretty apple blossom floral fabric.

With a squishy feather-filled cushion pad inside.
I LOVE this fabric, but only had enough to make one cushion from it. I have backed it in C19th French linen.
'Grumpy monkey' looks a little disgruntled housed behind bars!...Even with lots of neighbours to talk to!

Then there's this pair of cheerful floral cushions of a dramatic c1950's poppy print.
All have tie fastenings, for ease of laundering on wash day.
**
These two little black boxes were given vintage labels to make them a little more interesting.
All at the shop this week,
Niki x