This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Thursday 17 February 2011

Brushing Up

I recently bought this vintage hand mirror/brush set, but being honest, I wasn't keen on the 50's fabric backs of them.

I did however like the handles, so felt these were something I could work with.

I re-covered the backs in C19th French toile de jouy fabric, carefully gluing and trimming to fit.

I then finished the edges in an antique French suiting braid, which is ideal for flexing around curves.

*

**
I've also been making little needle cases, ready for gift ideas for Mothering Sunday next month.

I've used vintage linens and lace, with glass buttons.

Niki x